UNIT 32 AND 38: texture experiments in the darkroom

img031

Above is where I have duplicated the image of fly wing to create the impression of a blur. The overall print is good but I think it is over developed by a few seconds. Other than that it is a fine print. As my final outcome could be an A1 this could be a valid final outcome. The only issue I have with that is could I print out the image as A1 with out the image being pixelated, I’ll have to see what will happen if I do print the image out A1.

img032

This is acetate with water on top. I found this hasn’t worked out well because you can not really make out the water. The only thing you can make out is the reflection of the enlarger’s light. The reflection also effects how the wing’s detail appears which I don’t like because a characteristics of Macro photography is detail of small objects. The print to me is correctly developed but I do think I could of took the print out a second sooner because at the bottom of the print is darker than the rest of the print. As an A1 final outcome I don’t think this print won’t work because I think it isn’t good enough to be a final and I know I can do better than that print.

img033

I did another print with water over acetate to see if I can do a better print than the above print. I think I have done better than the above print but this print well over developed because the print is very dark and the image is not clear. I won’t use this image to print for A1 because the print is well over developed.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s