In-depth I have looked at the degree course at Hugh Baird college. This is what I found out:
- It is 3 years on the course. 2 years is the foundation degree and the 3 year is the full degree,
- For one year the cost is £6000. For the 3 years this would be £18000.
- There is tuition loan which pays for the cost of the course. The tuition loan I will need to pay back but I don’t have to start paying it back until I am earning over £21000. There is a maintenance grant which I don’t need to pay back and a maintenance loan which I do need to pay back along with my tuition loan.
- You need 160 UCAS points to get onto the course along with an interview and a portfolio. There is nothing on getting a C in English and Math’s.
- David Lockwood and Tadhg Devlin is the tutors of the course.
- Completing the foundation degree I can move onto the 3rd year which is the full degree.